Monday, May 19, 2014

Moving Day!

After talking about it for months, it was finally time to pack up our house and head out to sunny CA!  I will admit, I HATE packing.  Love unpacking and organizing a new space, but I cannot stand packing boxes.  In college, I moved with laundry baskets and shopping bags from year to year... just to avoid the dreaded cardboard boxes.

This is exactly what my face looked like, too.
I don't even know how many boxes we ended up packing, but I think it was somewhere around a million.  At least that's how it felt!  The only upside is that my husband, always on the lookout for the latest and greatest, found these amazing boxes that don't need any packing tape.  Seriously.  They were awesome (and Amazon delivered them to our door)!

The first of many.... 
Playing in the stacks.
Even Elmo got in on the packing action.

Finally, it was time to load the truck!  It made me feel better that we didn't fill up the whole thing. :)


She was fascinated by the truck!
Unfortunately, the driver let us know that the original guy we talked with had his dates wrong and we wouldn't see our stuff again for 2 weeks (we were originally told 5 - 6 days).  Yeah, that didn't sit too well.... but there wasn't much we could do because our stuff was already loaded.  Future moving tip: always double-check the delivery estimate with the actual driver before they start packing up your house!

Our travel pro having a snack before our flight.
Paying it forward... hopefully the next guy that needs the airsickness bag will be comforted by all of the 101 Dalmatians  stickers on it!

California, here we come!  Here's to a year of new adventures and fun times exploring a great city!

No comments:

Post a Comment