Saturday, July 24, 2010

12 Weeks: The Lime

A teacher at our school is having a baby this fall, and I have loved reading her blog about how her little one is progressing each week. So, I'm going to "borrow" her format to share how our little one is growing. Just remember, all credit for this awesomeness goes to Hayley!

When I found out I was pregnant, I signed up for babycenter.com, a website all about pregnancy and babies. Each week, they send me an email "update" on what Baby Anglin is up to. Here's what they say about 12 weeks:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his/her toes will curl, his/her eye muscles will clench, and his/her mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response (although you won't be able to feel it). His/her face looks unquestionably human: the eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head, and the ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby is just over 2 inches long (the size of a lime).

Isn't that crazy?? It's amazing to think all this transformation is going on, and yet Baby Anglin is only 2 inches long. On a completely unrelated note, the morning sickness part is slowly fading away (yay!), only to be replaced with the tired part. I feel like I'm sleeping all the time! But I guess I better enjoy it now.... I hear there's not going to be much time for that in about 6 months! :)


4 comments:

  1. I LOVED reading baby center...and still do!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Center is the best! I love the fruit/vegetable analogies. Glad your morning sickness is going away. That stuff is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congatulations!! It's an amazing experience that goes by quicker than you'll notice as they grow up so fast! Ashton is ten months old already and about to start walking!! Do enjoy your sleep now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congratulations!! We'll get to have all kinds of baby talk in the Odd hall now, Kara, you, and I! The weekly updates makes the time go by faster (at least to me...)

    ReplyDelete