Monday, August 9, 2010

14 Weeks: Making Progress!

14 weeks, and the I'm officially heading into the 2nd trimester... woo-hoo! Thankfully, just in time for school to start back, I'm having mostly good days (with the occasional not-feeling-so-great day), which is a blessing since my 7th graders will be here before I know it. Anyway, here's what Baby Anglin is up to this week:

Your baby can now squint, frown, pee, and possibly suck its thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, the facial muscles are getting a workout as the baby's tiny features form one expression after another. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week - a sign that it's doing its job right - and the spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Your baby is also stretching out: from head to bottom, he/she measures 3.5 inches (about the size of a lemon) and weighs 1.5 ounces.
I had a doctor's appointment this week, and so far, so good. They also said I might start to feel him/her moving around in the next few weeks... I can't wait!

On a different note, I've been "unofficially" polling friends and family, and so far most of them think Baby Anglin is a girl... pretty bold statement, considering there were about 12 baby boys born at our school in the last few years compared to just 3 girls! What do you guys think?

3 comments:

  1. Having a boy is so much fun...they are rough, tough and love to play. But having a girl is just as much fun. You get to dress them up, put bows on their heads, they love to cuddle, and they love to play too!

    BTW, if you have a girl, I would love to make some bows for her. I have all colors of headbands and can make all kinds of bows. Just let me know what you would like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is CONVINCED its a boy!!! Sorry you couldn't make it to lunch on Saturday...but completely understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for the 2nd trimester! I'm thinking girl. What do you think? I knew from day one that Joshua was going to be a boy so I think mother's intuition is spot on.

    ReplyDelete