Monday, October 25, 2010

25 Weeks: A Rutabaga

I have to admit, I had to look this one up too to see what it looked like... at least I've heard of a rutabaga (mostly because my dad and I used to call each other "rutabaga breath" when I was little... not sure where it came from though!). Anyway, here's what Baby Anglin is up to this week:

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight - a pound and a half - isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will start to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair -- and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Our big accomplishment this week is that we've finally chosen paint colors for the nursery -- we've decided to go with two shades of green that match her bedding, with hot pink accents like curtains and pictures on the wall. The nice thing about her bedding is that there are about 15 different colors in it, so we can't go wrong no matter what we put with it!

Her tastes haven't changed much -- cheetos, Rocky Road ice cream, ham sandwiches, and grilled chicken top the list of "good foods" that I can pretty much eat whenever. I have figured out a few things she is not a fan of (and by that I mean it gives me heartburn or a stomachache) -- ranch dressing, red meat, and anything greasy (like chicken nuggets or pizza). At least I'm a fast learner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment