Friday, November 15, 2013

Carving Pumpkins

Lindsay was very excited about carving pumpkins -- it was all she could talk about once we brought them home from the pumpkin patch!

Step 1:  Remove pumpkin guts.  I tried to get her to help me get the seeds out of our pumpkin, but she took one look and decided she wanted no part of the slimy insides!
Action shot... refusing to put her hand in the pumpkin!
Step 2:  Draw the face.  She was pretty easy to please this year when it came to the face because she wanted it to look like her pumpkin bucket.  Two triangle eyes, triangle nose, mouth with teeth.  My specialty!  I'm pretty sure every pumpkin I've carved the last 10 years has looked just like this.  Todd does the crazy faces, and I stick with the classics!

Step 3:  Cut out the face.  Lindsay really wanted to help with this step, which made me nervous since it was the only step that involved sharp objects.  Thankfully, she was satisfied to let me cut while she had her hand on my arm.



Step 4:  Light the candle.  We loved how our pumpkins turned out this year!

My "classic" on the left, Todd's "cool" one on the right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment